Thursday, July 26, 2012

An Easy Marinade Recipe: 3-3-2-1 And Done!

I always separate bulk meats, purchased from the grocery store or warehouse club, into 1-2 pound packs, label them, and store them in the freezer. Some packs are stored in marinade, which makes future meal preparation even easier.

When I prepare marinades, I use the same basic recipe - I just switch up the seasoning mix based on the flavor profile.  I remember the marinade recipe as 3-3-2-1, which refers to the proportions of the four main ingredients.  Three parts seasoning; three parts oil; two parts soy; one part vinegar.  This combination makes a really great marinade!


Keep reading to learn how to create the basic 3-3-2-1 Marinade combo for one pound of meat.   


Making a Marinade
Marinade Ingredients
Ingredients:
3 Parts Seasoning Mix
3 Parts Oil
2 Parts Soy Sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
1 Part Apple Cider Vinegar

Tips and Hints:

  • For each one pound of meat, I use 3 tablespoons seasoning mix, 3 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons Bragg's and 1 tablespoon cider vinegar.
  • The picture above shows a Store Brand spice blend.  I've used a variety of spice mixes over the years:  those I've created from scratch, purchased from specialty shops, grocery stores, Farmer's Markets, etc.  In this recipe, you can use whatever mix you desire - just be sure to use 3 parts worth.
  • I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos, rather than soy sauce, for all my cooking- it contains less sodium. 
  • Any Oil will do.  I was raised in an Italian household, so I always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil with my marinades.  If you prefer Canola Oil, that works well too.
  • Feel free to add marinade ingredients directly to the zipper-sealed bag.  It saves some cleaning.
  • Let the meat sit in the marinade for at least one hour before cooking.  You can store it overnight in the refrigerator, or freeze for future use.  

Add the ingredients directly to a storage bag to  reduce mess. 
Massage the marinade into the meat; seal the bag tight and label  before storing.
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Flank Steak.  Yum!
Super easy, super yummy.  Every time.  Try the marinade recipe soon and let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. We deliver beach equipment rentals in Sarasota, specifically to Siesta beach and Lido beach. Beach Equipment Rental Sarasota in Siesta Key. Call: (941) 724-1550. beach equipment rental sarasota

    ReplyDelete